Orientation and Job Description for Members
You are invited to be a member of the AventWest Community Development Corporation (AWCDC) because you are valued as a person, and a committed member of our community with insight and foresight to contribute to our plans and discussions.
Qualifications for Membership
- Commitment to and support of our Mission Statement
- Live in, work in, worship in or otherwise have an interest in the AventWest community
- Be willing to serve actively on a committee of the AWCDC and attend committee meetings.
- Be an advocate for and promote AWCDC and its work.
- Secure resources (monetary and non-monetary) for the organization within your range of contacts
- Maintain knowledge of current and upcoming programs.
- Share particular expertise, resources and talents with the board and organization.
* The AventWest Community is the portion of Raleigh generally bounded by but not restricted to Athens Drive, Avent Ferry Road, Western Boulevard, Gorman Street, Hillsborough Street and Jones Franklin Road.
Membership Application Form